Preparing Your House For Inspection
When going through the tough and trying process of selling your home, one of the most time consuming parts of the entire process is getting your home ready for inspection.
An important part of “staging” your home ready for open inspection is freeing up space. After all, rooms that are seen by prospective buyers with little to no furniture not only feel bigger, but also allow the buyer to imagine their own personal items in the space.
Getting Rid of Clutter
When a professional stager enters a home to prepare it for sale they will often remove as much as half the original furnishing, in order to maximise the space. Of course, it’s not 100% necessary that you go to this extreme, but nonetheless, ridding your house of excess clutter will make your home considerably more appealing to buyers.
Placing your excess furniture in a self storage facility is the best way to declutter. But before you leave your furniture with a storage provider you’ll want to ensure your items will be properly looked after. Here are a few tips to help you store your excess furniture safely and securely with your self storage provider:
Furniture Storage Tips
- Determine exactly how much space your furniture requires. See our space calculator, a tool which allows you to calculate your storage needs room by room
- Cover your furniture in order to protect it from dust
- Take apart items that can be easily disassembled such as tables and beds
- Store mattresses and sofas upright to maximise space and reduce cost
- Use cardboard to protect any picture frames and mirrors. Pay close attention to the corners, as these can be easily damaged
- Don’t seal your items inside of plastic bags since this allows for no ventilation. Condensation can develop if items are not properly aired and this can lead them to develop mold
By storing your furniture with a storage professional and following the above the tips, you’ll set yourself up for a hassle free storage experience. And since the process of staging your house for inspection is one of the most anxiety-ridden experiences imaginable, the last thing you need is to waste precious energy worrying about the well being of your furniture.
Access storage offers three convenient furniture storage locations in Adelaide, give us a call to find out how we can help you declutter your home.
Comments are closed.